Deck Builders Melbourne
Timber Decking done professionally, is a great way to add value to your Melbourne home or investment property. With good planning and design, it can be setup to suit nearly any application in or around a Swimming Pool, Alfresco and/or outdoor BBQ areas.
Decks are very versatile and can be installed at ground level over existing concrete, pavers, throughout a sloping block and on elevated Verandahs and can be made with Treated Pine, Merbau (Merboo), Australian Hardwoods and Composite Woods (Wood, Plastics and Recycled Materials).
It is important that you use professionals to ensure you get maximum life and best value from your investment. The last thing you need is to have to replace or repair work that has failed through poor choice of materials and low quality workmanship.
To learn more about how we can add value to your home or investment property, complete the contact form on this page and tell us a about what you would like to do, where you are located and a broad idea on when you are looking at starting (or have completed) your Outdoor Lifestyle project.
“Matt and the Timbert Decking Now crew were able to provide an innovative, high quality, affordable solution that exceeded our expectations.”
David, Kilsyth – 2012
Deck Building Professionals
Whether or your in Bayswater or Boronia, Wantirna or Warrandyte, Ringwood or Rowville, Ferntree Gully or Forest Hill (or surrounding suburbs) contact us for a free, no obligation quote on 0418 584 291.
What to ask prospective Decking Contractors
Because an outdoor lifestyle project can be complex, it’s easy to get overwhelmed by the possibilities. You can construct your project yourself, but if you want anything more than something small with the most straightforward design, it’s best to call in a professional. Keep the following in mind.
How Much Will it Cost?
As a general rule, ask for written estimates from at least three professionals. With three bids in hand, you can compare them to assess average costs and determine whether a contractor is over- or undercharging for any aspect.
Do You Have Good References?
Hiring someone to construct what’s essentially an addition to your house is a major decision. You want to make sure any contractor you hire is professional, reliable, competent and easy to work with. The best way to do this is to request references from the contractor or to read reviews in home improvement forums, Facebook, Google Plus, LinkedIn etc…
What Does the Quote Say?
Don’t agree to hire anyone before reading over the quote in detail and then signing off on or verbally approving an agreement. Here’s what it should include.
- Permits: When you hire a contractor for your project, he or she will be responsible for obtaining any necessary permits. Be sure permits and related costs are included in the final contract, because you don’t want to run the risk of unsafe or illegally construction work.
- Drawings: Don’t just assume that your contractor understands what you want. Request a sketch that’s to scale and includes dimensions. Not only will this help you envision what the final product will look like, but it will also eliminate any confusion about design, orientation or built-in elements.
- Timeline: Are you and your contractor on the same page regarding a timeline for construction? Don’t run the risk of scheduling a big outdoor party when your project is nowhere near complete. Make sure you understand when your contractor plans to do the work, as well as when he or she will complete the project.
- Final Cost: Be sure you understand your final cost as well as all the components that go into it.
Contact Timber Decking Now for a free, no obligation quote either by phone, 0418 584 291, or via the Form below.
TDN Group office located at 31 Sydney Road, Bayswater, VIC. 3153.
Get The Right Advice At The Right Price
Get the right advice from a Melbourne Timber Decking Professional…
- Regular Decking Care & Maintenance
- Decking & Deck Builders Glossary
- Decking Safety
- Decking Options
- What To Ask Prospective Decking Contractors
- Planning Your Decking Project
We have transformed our clients desires into reality combining high quality work and materials with on time and on budget delivery of our customers projects.
We take the time to understand your needs and aspirations, from the overall project design & concept, to the minor details that might otherwise be overlooked.
For a no obligation free quote, or to ask some questions about a project you are planning, call Matt on 0418 584 291.